Proposed residential development of The Grove adjacent to Underbarrow Road, Kendal, Cumbria.
Russell Armer Homes have had a planning application for 47 new homes approved in principal. Start on site is planned for summer 2018 once all final technical approvals are received.
The scheme comprises:
- A total of 47 new 1 – 4 bedroom homes.
- Ten of the homes will be affordable for people with local needs (as determined and at prices and rents set by SLDC).
- The relocation of the existing 30mph speed limit in order to incorporate a new site access onto Underbarrow Road.
- A new public footway running parallel to Underbarrow linking to the existing footway on the south of Greenside (in order to protect the existing lime trees this will be within the site).
- Protection of the primary groups of trees within buffer zones and open space, extensive planting of new trees adjacent existing boundaries, within the biodiversity area and elsewhere within the site.
- Creation of a central public open space/equipped playspace and a biodiversity area/visual amenity space at the south east of the site.
- Use of local materials.
- As part of the development a significant contribution will be made for highways and infrastructure improvements via SLDC’s Community Infrastructure Levy